ADULT LEAGUE HOCKEY
PLAYING RULES & REGULATIONS
All players must be USA hockey registered. All referee's are USA Hockey official and follow the USA hockey rulebook.
All players must sign in on the teams scoresheet labels prior to each game.
- All games are 3 periods of 15 minute stop-clock.
- Each team shall have 3 minutes before the game for warm-ups.
- Upon a tie, the game will go into a 5 minute overtime. If the score is tied after a 5 minute overtime period, the game will end and the score will become an official tie. No shootout in Adult League play.
- All teams will play set league game against other division opponents.
- All teams make the playoffs. In the event of a tie game during playoffs - there will be NO shootout. The game will be determined by a continuous overtime until a team scores. (set clock to 5:00 minutes).
- Players who recieve a "Game Misconduct" for any reason will be suspended for 2 games.
- Any team who skates with a current suspended player will forfiet that game, and there next game. Also, the captain of that team will be suspended for the next 2 games as well.
- Each team will be required to wear matching jerseys throughout the season.
- All players will need matching jersey AND have a listed number on the back.
- Teams do not need matching socks - but it is preferred.
- Teams will have 2 week grace period to acquire new uniforms if they do not already have them.
- The schedule will be found on the website www.hockeyatproskate.com
- All changes to the schedule will be updated on the website as soon as the changes arise.
- Captains will receive email notifications about all game information or time changes.
- Game times are subject to change by ProSkate management.
- There will be no "requesting to change the schedule" when it has been released. It is the captains responsibility to make sure his/her team is aware of the game, and makes plans to have a team present to play.
Penalties assessed to any given player may include one or all of the following:
- 2 minute minor
- 4 minute-double minor
- 5 minute major (upon the 5-minute major, the game misconduct to follow is up to the discretion of the ref).
- 10 minute misconduct
- Game Misconduct (2 Game Suspension) (Immediate ejection from the game)
- Match Penalty's are automatically a 30 day suspension by USA Hockey.
- 4 penalties (for a player) will result in a game misconduct and automatic game ejection. (2 Game Suspension)
1st Suspension - (2 games)
2nd Suspension - (4 games)
3rd Suspension - Player is suspended and released from ProSkate and its Adult League activities. No exceptions.
Forfeits of Adult Hockey games will happen under the following situations
- A team is found to be using a suspended player
- A team shows up with less than 4 skaters
- Teams that forfeit due to lack of players or forfeit less than 24 hours prior to the game will owe $120 to the league prior to their next game. Teams who do not pay their $120 prior to their next game will continue to forfeit games. ProSkate takes forfeiture of games very seriously as we are very cautious of keeping our ice in use and paying the officials for the games that they actually work.
Running Time and Privileges
- Running clock in the 3rd period for teams up by 6 goals
- A game is plagued by 16 or more total penalties will cause running time for the remainder of the game. The referee can also call the game (end the game) if he/she feels the game is out of control and deemed not safe.
2 points - Win
1 point - Overtime Loss
0 points - Loss
Standings listed - www.hockeyatproskate.com